If you’re a student, you would probably agree that not everyone enjoys studying and the pressure it gives. There would be lot of times that you fail to do what you have to do just because you feel lazy, tired, unmotivated, and uninspired. However, you also know that, if you let these emotions win over you, it would often lead to bad results. Well, you need to keep moving forward and learn more in the most convenient way you can. Study harder and be smarter, so your life can be better in the future.
If you’re at that stage in your life, where the pressure of school is slowly killing your happiness and optimism, we hope these inspirational quotes can motivate you to study harder and inspire you to keep going.
Be Motivated to study hard from these quotes of well-known and successful people, who realized that the perseverance to study hard was the key to achieving their dreams.
1. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé, Brazilian football legend.
As a student, studying is the best way to achieve your dreams in life. No matter how hard it might be, you still need to endure all those hardships and make some sacrifices to reach your goals and ambitions in life.
2. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
Sometimes you think you are not good in school and don’t have a chance to be on top. Your determination and desires to get what you want are definitely the way to achieve your goal. So, if you think you are not good enough, it’s time for you to look at the things you want for your future and start studying hard.
3. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King, author.
Your talent or skills will not define who you are or who you will become. It will just be an additional asset for you in the future. The most important thing is that you study hard and work hard to improve your talents and potential.
4. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin, writer and polymath.
As the saying goes, “Knowledge is Power.” So, as a student, you need to pay more attention to studying and gain more knowledge to become successful and powerful in the future.
5. “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it should get you pretty near.” – Margaret Thatcher, former British Prime Minister.
Being on top doesn’t happen overnight. It requires time, effort, and hard work. If you want to be on top, you should study hard. No pain, no gain.
6. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
Oftentimes, you can experience many hardships in school, and you might possibly think of giving up. But, try to remember that, without challenges, you can’t experience the true meaning of success.
7. “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” – Leonardo da Vinci, inventor and polymath.
Your mind was made to be used in the most useful way. You are born to improve your knowledge and broaden your horizon. Learn and study more, because these are the only things that never exhaust your mind.
8. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.”– Henry Ford
You might sometimes fail your tests, but that doesn’t mean you are a loser. Bear in mind that failure is the key to success. You are just a human being. You are not perfect, but you can be better. After a failure, try to study harder and you can reach perfection.
9. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
As a student, you probably lose your confidence after failing a test, but your life never ends in just one try. You have lots of chances to show what you’ve got and become better next time. Just focus more on learning from your mistakes. Study harder to win.
10. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference.”
– Lou Holtz, American football coach.
To win any game, hard work is the best foundation. Just like in studying, hard work is the key to be on top.
11. “Successful people begin where failures leave off. Never settle for ‘just getting the job done.’ Excel!” – Tom Hopkins, motivational speaker.
Sometimes, studying is not enough. You should study harder. Good grades are sometimes not good enough; it should be higher or better. So, if you want to do something well, give the world the best you have, and the best shall come back to you.
12. “I find that the harder I work; the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the Declaration of Independence.
You can probably think that every time you study hard, luck is on your side. Well, it’s because you put your effort into it.
13. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi, activist.
As a student, you should nurture the time you have while you are young. Lots of people wanted to study and go to school but feel embarrassed because they are too old. But you are the right age to study and acquire more knowledge than those less fortunate people in the world. Study as hard as you can, so you’ll never regret anything when you grow older.
14. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
Waking up early in the morning might be hard for you as a student. Having the same routine every day, you might think your life is boring. But, you should be more thankful that you had a chance to make your day useful to learn new things every day than to know nothing.
15. “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” – Brian Herbert, author.
As a student, you have the capability to improve, and it’s your choice to settle for less or study harder to gain more skills and knowledge.
16. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” –Zig Ziglar
You need to be motivated every day, so you can have the will to study harder.
As the saying goes, motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
17. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein
As a student, what you’ve learned from school should be used in real life. Collect your knowledge to live a good life and hope for a better future.
18. “It does not matter where you go and what you study, what matters most is what you share with yourself and the world.” – Santosh Kalwar
Learning is the only thing that no one can steal from you. It’s also the most valuable thing you can share with the world. But how can you share your knowledge if it’s not enough? Study harder and you can use it soon.
19. “If you have a dream, you can spend a lifetime studying, planning, and getting ready for it. What you should be doing is getting started.” –Drew Houston
You are probably thinking of a brighter future ahead of you. There’s no time to waste. Start your plans now for a better future. How can you start? Start studying hard.
20. “Education enables the humans to achieve their fullest mental and physical potential in both personal and social life.” – Abhijit Naskar
Knowledge is the key to success. If you’re a student, you probably know that education is the basic principle to achieve your goals and desires in life. Be a student as long as you learn, and this means all your life.
As a student, maybe you have experienced terrible times when you thought the only option you had was to give up. Everyone can agree that school life can be tough, and sometimes, it pushes you into the worst situation, down to your lowest point. However, as the famous saying goes, diamonds cannot be polished without friction. To create a more valuable future, you have to be brave to take on and overcome the challenges that you face from time to time.
The majority of successful people have achieved what they have achieved through complete dedication to studying hard and being successful in life. Each cloud has a silver lining, so there’s always hope even in the worst scenario of your life as a student. So, you need to strive more to make most of the opportunities you have to improve yourself and broaden your horizons.